Did you know that it is theoretically possible to get a completely blank page ranked on the first page of Google? This doesn’t make any sense, but it is completely true nonetheless. The reason for this is that Google places far more emphasis on off-page factors than on-page.
What is a Link?
A link is any clickable item on the web that takes a user from one web property to another. The link can be in the form of text or an image. The reason Google and many other search engines like links is that most of the time, you can’t build them for your own website. Examples of links are:
• Your website’s clickable address on another website
• A directory listing you may have signed up for that has your website’s address
• An article about you or your business published online that links to your website
• A banner advert that when clicked on takes the user to your website
• A post on a social media site such as Facebook that then links back to your website.
How Does Link Building Work?
There are a lot of companies out there that promise links. At WSI, we promise results. We know that Google is really, really smart, so we only build good quality, relevant links. If you are a florist in Durban, a link to a plumber in Wisconsin is not going to help your Google ranking. At WSI, we build high quality links that make sense, such as:• Directory listings, both local and international
• We submit articles on your products and services to subscription-only services
• Social bookmarking (Digg, Delicious, Squidoo and hundreds of others)
• We submit your company’s press release for syndication to international press release sites
• We post blogs on your company’s behalf
• We create local business listings such as Google Places.
Our promise to you is that you will never be embarrassed by where your company’s name appears. Contact us today for professional linkbuilding services.