When it comes to bringing in a digital marketing agency, knowing when the time is right may seem tricky at first. Smaller companies may especially find it hard to justify outsourcing this role, while larger companies may think that opting for in-house digital assistance is more practical.
According to a recent Gartner Digital Marketing Spending Report on 2015 digital spending, a large percentage of companies outsource up to 50% of all digital marketing to agencies and specialist firms. While these figures are based on US digital spending, South Africa’s constantly growing online landscape has shown huge increases as well, with companies of all sizes and natures seeking assistance from the experts.
How do you know when it is the right move to outsource your online marketing, and what do you need to consider to get started in your search for the right provider?
When is the Right Time to Find a Digital Marketing Agency?
- Your digital marketing strategies are stagnating. If you are still doing the same old thing, year after year, it may be time to shake things up. As technology evolves, consumers evolve. Make sure that you know when, how and where they use online media, in order to continuously shape and improve your online presence. With the experience and insight offered by an agency, you can be sure that you stay ahead of your competition, with fresh, relevant campaigns that hit the mark.
- You are not able to accurately measure your results. How do you know whether you are meeting your goals? Are you doing regular audits and reports for your digital efforts across each platform? Unless you have full experience in online marketing, you will probably not have much luck properly measuring the results of your hard work without the tools and expertise needed for concise reporting.
- You are too focused on day to day tasks and not thinking about strategy. Even if you have a great in-house team who is able to get the basics done every day, are you still finding time to set strategies for future growth? An agency will help you look at the bigger picture, working with you not only on the regular ongoing tasks, but also on future plans and goals to continue driving results.
- You are lacking regular, quality content. Content remains a big player in the digital world, and for good reason. Without an updated blog that contains well-written, optimised content, and website pages that are optimised with relevant, keyword rich content, you may be missing out on potential success. A good agency will be able to help you keep up with your content demands, to ensure that your website is equipped for optimal performance.
- You don’t have the capacity or time to properly implement strategies. You may have amazing ideas for your website, but do you have the time, energy and expertise to get those strategies executed? Agencies typically have teams on board to cover everything from web design and development to SEO, paid advertising, social media marketing, email marketing and everything else you need to get strategies up and running. This leaves you free to focus on doing what you do best – dealing with customers and providing them with the services or products they need.
Ultimately, making the decision to outsource your digital needs is a big decision. Only you will know if it is the right call, but one thing is for sure – by choosing carefully and putting some thought into your website goals, finding a good digital agency in South Africa will be easier than you may have thought. Contact us today to find out how we can make your digital marketing journey easier.