In this guide, we share some tips on how you can get the most from your Google MyBusiness images, helping you get ahead in search results. Images offer a simple, effective way for people to find your business when doing an online search, appearing in search, images as well as maps. Coming from your business and your customers, they are used to showcase your products and services to those who are looking for what you are selling. Images that you add will only start to show up on Google once you verify your business.
How do you go about managing your Google MyBusiness images? Keep reading to get our expert tips on how to add and optimise your images for best results and optimal ranking.
How to Manage Your Google MyBusiness Images
Some tips for getting more from your Google MyBusiness images include the following:
Choose Your Photos
There are a few types of photos you can add to your listing:
- Profile photos help customers recognise your business, quickly and easily.
- Cover photos are used to showcase your page’s personality. This image is automatically set as your listing’s preferred photo. It does not choose it for the first image, but it simply lets Google know that this image is preferred.
- You can also add various other photos to spotlight features of your business that customers consider when making purchasing decisions, from the front of your shop or business to your staff room, warehouse, lobby, offices, restaurant interior or any other location you want to feature.
Prepare Your Photos
Your photos will do if they meet the following requirements
- Format: JPG or PNG
- Size: Between 10KB and 5MB
- Minimum resolution: 720px x 720px
- Quality: In focus and well lit, with no obvious edits or excessive use of filters
Upload Your Photos
Once your photos are ready for upload, follow these steps to upload them to your listing:
- Sign in to Google MyBusiness. If you have more than one location, open the location you want to update.
- Choose Photos from the menu.
- Choose the type of photo you want to add.
- Upload the photo from your computer or select a photo you have already uploaded.
- Open the Google MyBusiness app.
- Tap Home.
- In the bottom right corner, tap the plus icon.
- Tap Add Photos.
- Choose the type of photo you’d like to add.
- Choose a photo from your camera roll or take a new photo.
- Tap Upload.
Last, But Not Least…
A few final tips to keep in mind:
- Good images offer a great way to capture attention and encourage purchasing decision by those browsing local search results.
- For best results, try and upload a variety of images, including pictures of your team, products, interior, and exterior.
- Avoid professional photographs that can make your business seem untrustworthy or inauthentic.
- Avoid stock photographs, too, as these are deleted by Google whenever they are found.
For additional help in creating and perfecting your Google MyBusiness listing, get in touch with WSI Durban today.